To be self led is the ability of an individual to hold himself/herself accountable to a personal set of values, beliefs and goals. This is about continuously guiding yourself to make great decisions, consistently over time.
As a wife, mother, sister, employee, and business owner, at some point I had to come to the realization that leadership starts from me leading myself. I found out that the most difficult person for me to lead was me. I struggled with this for a long time, and I still do because I am evolving. As I evolve I get to learn more about my complexities, and how to manage me to get me to the next level. Today, I am sharing some self leadership tips that have helped me along my journey.
- Identify your purpose as a human being, and understand that you have to fulfill it. Understand your objective at every given time.
- Have a vision for your life and set achievable goals for yourself.
- Follow through on your set goals. Ensure you see your goals through from start to finish, and hold yourself accountable for the fulfillment of your set goal.
- Identify your core values, and live by them.
- Invest in your self development. Prioritize your personal growth
- Use your gifts passionately. Be disciplined about the use of your gifts so you can express them to the full.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive self-talk. Imagine your success then work towards being successful with all of your heart.
- Use your purpose and gift to serve others.
- Make the present perfect. Stop living in the past.
- Practice your strengths often for inspiration and confidence.
- Recognize your weaknesses, but lead with your strengths.
- Have confidence in yourself and maintain high self worth.
- Listen to Understand don’t listen to react. Act don’t react.
- Take calculated risks and focus on success always.
- Manage your time and your expectations.
- Don’t be in your own way. Move out of your comfort zone and widen your horizon.
- Learn to speak from the heart.
- Take initiative in every situation.
- Carry out your duties without needing praise.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Get feedback, reflect and evolve.
Drop your comments below on self leadership tips that have helped you along your journey. KEEP EVOLVING!!!